Passing Through the Pages of History...
An Anglo Indian school was established as apart of the Holy Rosary Church which was established in the early years of 16th century. The Holy Rosary Church which was under The Goa Arch bishop until 1609was one of the important Christian churches in Malabar. Later it became a part of the Kodungalloor archdiocese, then a part of the Calicut archdiocese and presently a part of the Cannanore archdiocese. This English medium school which was a part of the Holy Rosary Church came to be known as European school and Catholic middle school in early days.
In 1922 an Italian missionary father John Baptist Galanta transformed the European school to Indian middle school. Until September 1939 father Galanta was the headmaster and manager of Indian middle school.Moorkoth Kumaran, one of the prominent short story writers of early Malayalam literature, the municipal vice chairman of Thallessery during that period, and an eminent person in the social and political fields was the 1st assistant until April 30, 1930. In October 1940 Sri.P.Kanari B.A.L.T was appointed as the headmaster. In this 3rd forum (Up to class 7th) school there were 166 students during that time. The selfless service rented by P.P.Varid master,Vidwan Varghese Thalleketty,Britto teacher,Auseph master for the welfare of this school are ever memorable. 101 prominent citizens presented a memorandum in front of father Rodrigs.And in June 1st 1941 Saint Josephs Boys High School came into existence. There were 32 students in the 1st batch. It was as a result Of the unwearied hard work of father Rodrigs that the school obtained a double storied building, library and Laboratory for its functioning.
In 1952 April 1st father George Pathiyil was appointed as the head master of Saint Joseph's High School. It is apt to tell that the golden time of the school started after that. Then after Saint Joseph's High School kept steps of glory in the educational and cultural zones.